That must be an issue for a lot of us right? We do not all have boyfriends that are photographers. Mine doesn’t like to make blog pictures at all. So I vary. I work with photographers, a student, but also with the girl next-door (literally) or the friend across the street. If really no one is available I have to start begging my guy. It works.. haha..
Recently I bought a tripod, that works too. But be ready for running back and forward within ten seconds every time. It’s a good workout though..
You know what would be really cool? A drone!
Yes that’s right, that futuristic thing (well, not anymore) that flies above, around and with you.
With a drone I could make pictures everywhere! Imagine..
Do you think they have pink ones?
Some ideas for finding people to make pictures:
1. Ask a friend
2. Find a photography student
3. Show your cutest smile to your boyfriend
4. Collaborate with other bloggers
5. Try a professional photographer once in a while
6. Use a tripod
7. Get a drone 😉
Now about the pictures itself. Selfies are not too professional pictures but they have their simplicity and authenticity which can be really cool. That is actually how fashion blogging started. ‘Professional’ pictures are beautiful too. It is not that hard to get professional looking pictures. One thing you need is a good camera. Once you have one almost everyone can make a cool blog picture of you. You will notice the difference. I use the Sony rx100. A small camera with great quality in my opinion.
How many pictures?
Did you notice that everyone posts a different amount of pictures? Sometimes I see a post with over 15 pictures of just one look. That is just too much in my opinion. Find around 4 or 5 pictures that represent your look from various angles or some extra close ups for details. (quality over quantity) The 6th, 7th and 8th picture doesn’t add anything extra anymore. (Unless you are showing various outfits of course.
Going on a holiday? make sure to make outfit pictures too!
A different environment is so inspirational.
How to pose for pictures?
I think that varies. And it is also important how you feel comfortable. But there are many tricks to make you look at your best when making a picture:
- Turn 45 degrees, so the picture won’t be all frontal, then look back at the camera.
- Try sitting poses from the side, usually your legs come out beautiful that way.
- Show your smile from time to time, no one likes to look at a grumpy cat face. You like what you do right?
- Walking slowly with big steps gives that natural look, like someone ‘just’ snapped you
- Turn your face away from the camera now and then, this draws more attention to your outfit
- Avoid clumsy feet, well it could look cute actually, but an inward foot (or two) usually just looks clumsy
- Don’t know what to do with your hands? Grab a coffee, magazine or a bag.
- Practice in front of a mirror
But most important of all: you have to feel comfortable with the pose
Photography: E. Sahertian Tags: making pictures for your fashion blog, fashion blogger photography